TEXT: Exodus 25: 1 – 3:
1 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, that they bring Me an offering. From everyone who gives it willingly with his heart you shall take My offering. 3 And this is the offering which you shall take from them: gold, silver, and bronze. (Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson)
Today, we will look at the way God speaks to us regularly. In the text, we have two ways in which God spoke:
(1). He spoke to Moses in a cloud of fire on Mount Sinai.
(2). But here he will speak to the people through the prompting of the heart.
We can hear God daily through the ears of our hearts. WHY?
- Our heart is wellspring of our lives (Proverbs 4:23)
- It is in the heart that decisions are taken (2 Chronicles 6:7)
- It is the heart that yields to God (Joshua 24:23). But the hardened heart refuses to do what God tells him (Exodus 4:21)
- Good and evil come from the heart (Luke 6:45)
- We always know things in our hearts (Deut 8:5)
- We believe things in our hearts (Romans 10:9)
- We meditate in our hearts (personal conferences) – Psalm 19:4).
- Men are defiled from the heart (Mark 7:20-23)
EXAMPLES FROM THE SCRIPTURE:
- God spoke to Cain: Genesis 4: 6, 7
- God spoke to Abraham: Genesis 12: 1-4.
- How the disciples saw Jesus manifest: Luke 24: 25 – 32.
- Jesus adds further: My sheep hear my voice: John 10:27-28;
- the Holy Spirit speaks the truth to us: John 16:13.
TO HEAR GOD FROM YOUR HEART:
- Learn to listen
- Design a quiet moment on specific issues
- Be close to the word of God
- Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:30 – 31) through “bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander…with malice”
e. Be a man of compassion (Eph 4:32). God demonstrates his power through men who are compassionate at heart.